Monday, March 22, 2010

First.Thing.First.

Here is the introduction to the recipes you will find and some of the basics needed:

[Kosher Salt]
Read once that all chefs have a "particular" salt preference that they stand by. Chefs are allegedly salt snobs. I'm using Kosher Salt currently. It's chunkier than regular table salt and I have no complaints except if doesn't really fit through the holes in my salt shaker. It's more of a "pinching salt" but I like it for cooking.

[Olive Oil]
This is the one and only oil I even have at my apartment. It's definitely known to be the healthiest and I have a soft spot for it after living in a Spanish household for six months where our Senora, Dona, included it in every meal...EVERY meal.


[Chipotle Tabasco]
This was a completely random buy that was called for in a recipe for turkey burgers (I'll post later) and I use it now all the time. Has a great smokey, spicy flavor.



[Garlic Press]
My dad bought me the best garlic press from Williams Sonoma for Christmas and I highly recommend it (pictured below). Garlic is difficult to chop finely and is smelly so it's nice to touch it as little as possible. This one works well and you just rinse it off and throw it back in the drawer when you are done.




[Cups, Tablespoons, Teaspoons, and Measuring in General]
This might get me in trouble here but I just eye-ball it. Literally just got mixing cups and spoons about a month ago on a trip to Target when the grandparents were in town. To be honest though, this is cooking not baking and you don't have to be exact...it's pretty hard to mess up but I'll try to include good descriptions.

[Serving Sizes]
As mentioned in About Me, I live alone so I'm definitely not cooking for a family of four. I'll try to specify how much the dishes make so you can increase or decrease as needed.

[Random]
I'm laughing as I type this with my references to "you" as if I actually have readers/followers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment