Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You.Haven't.Made.This.Yet?

I know it's WAY too soon to already be recycling recipes...but I just have to say...this is my best invention so far...and it was completely an invention...


::Turkey Tacos:: + ::Black Bean Salad:: + ::Summer Twist:: = Heaven.

You are going to have to click back to my March archive for the taco/black bean recipes --- but I promise --- so easy and so good.

Then, my Summer Twist referenced above is simply avocado and mango.  I'm utterly utterly obsessed with mango and don't know what I'll do when they go out of season.  I've literally had one a day for probably the past 2 weeks.  BTW, it cracks me up that yesterday was officially "The First Day of Summer".  Dude, it's been summer for months up in Texas.  "First Day of Summer" to me is mid-May --- like when school is out --- that's summer.  Or as soon as it hits 90 degrees --- which may have actually been April down here.  But whether you are just celebrating summer --- or kinda already OVER summer --- make this, eat this, enjoy this.


...so my "mango-a-day" habit got me wondering how good/bad these guys are for ya.  It's basically like eating an apple in terms of calories (130), carbs (35g), fiber (4g), protein (1g); however, it has more sugar (31g vs. 25g) which gives it the glycemic index of a banana (51) vs. the 38 index of an apple.  I don't exactly know what that means...but that's not great.

...one final thought...thanks to Gwen Stefani...literally anytime I write "banana" I hear in my head B-A-N-A-N-A-S!  Literally.  Every time.  Am I the only one?

1 comment:

  1. I love how all your food is so colorful! PS: Think it's funny I'm reading about delish food and watching "Losing it with Jillian"...HA!

    ReplyDelete