Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Avocado.&.Banana.Salad.


Listen. I know it sounds crazy. I get it. But TRUST me. This.Is.Amazing. The salty crunch of the pistachios mixed with the sweetness of the banana and the bite of the chili and lime is all interesting and delicious.

Let me tell you a quick little story though. So yesterday I was clicking on some blogs I follow and came across this one on FussFreeCooking and decided I was so buying the ingredients and going to try it.

Later that day I got a notification that someone had commented on my blog --- and it was a STRANGER. That may not excite you but it excited me. I really only thought my friend Sarah and my Mom ever read my blog so to get a legit comment (and compliment no less) from just a random reader --- Ex.Citing!

It gets better. I then clicked on her name to see who this random fan was and believe it or not --- it took me back to FussFreeCooking! Literally the girl who's blog I'd been on earlier that day and who made the recipe I decided to try --- was the girl who commented on my blog.

Crazy great --- and this all went down on my birthday!

Ok --- on to the recipe, this makes 2 servings:

[Ingredients:]
1/2 avocado, diced into cubes
1 banana (at preferred level of ripeness), diced into cubes
1/4 or 1/2 small red chili, finely chopped
1T olive oil
Juice from 1/2 a lime
2T coriander, chopped -OR- 1t ground coriander seed powder (in bulk spices section)*
2T pistachio, toasted and chopped
Salt and Pepper

[Directions:]
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl except for pistachios and stir

2. Plate mixture and sprinkle with pistachio

3. Enjoy as is or with crackers, chips, or bread (I just had it plain)



*Literally just realized I read the recipe wrong when I made it. I bought the coriander powder thinking it was the spice that was needed. Didn't realize it even came in "leaf" form. When I was making it I could tell there was some sort of leaf in the picture but assumed it had been left out of the recipe --- kinda looked like cilantro. Then I just realized I read it wrong.

HOWEVER --- I thoroughly enjoyed my "powdered" option and definitely recommend going that route if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment