Friday, April 9, 2010

More.To.Offer.

So I've had a realization. I have more to offer than just cooking. There have been multiple interesting things I've wanted to share [to my five followers] but they do not fall in the "cooking category". I've decided not to limit myself...although it could be harmful. I mean the Food Network has really found its niche and keeps all content on-brand. But maybe I'm just more of a TBS/Bravo kind of blogger...

Anyways...let's talk about books. [Not cookbooks] I've always been a reader. Most people have trophies for soccer or baseball. But not my first trophy. My first trophy was for reading the most books in first grade.
111.
Serious.
That's the kind of dedication it takes to be voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in 5th grade. AND 8th.

So I've just finished the best book I've read in a LONG time. And I entirely have Abby.Egan. to thank.



It's actually a three book series. The first one is 650 pages and I read it in 2 days. Granted one of those days was spent delayed for hours at the SJD airport [code for Cabo, Mexico] but the other day was a work day. If you know me, you know I love TV. I got home from 5 days without English television and didn't even check my DVR...read instead. It's that good.
[Caveats]
1. Force yourself through the first two chapters...they are a little rough...but then it gets GOOD
2. Original version was in Swedish so the names are a little crazy...and there are a lot of them...don't worry about...you get to know who matters
3. There are some GRAPH-IC scenes. So just warning you. Fairly disturbing.



1 comment:

  1. Please note, I also was voted "most likely to succeed" in the 5th grade and have yet to read 111 books to this day. I, on the other hand, was voted based solely on popularity because of my awesome fashion fads. (onesies with matching tights, jean shorts, scrunch socks, and matching baseball caps)

    ReplyDelete