Wednesday, September 8, 2010

White.Bean.Turkey.Sausage.Chili.

It has been wet. And gloomy. And cold (81 degrees) here in Dallas the past two days...and this is what it looks like outside my office.


I was THIS close to digging into the fall shoe section of my closet and wearing some boots today.  But that felt a little aggressive.  However, I couldn't shake the need for something hot for lunch so I went home and made...

::White.Bean.Turkey.Sausage.Chili::
with spicy tomatoes and peppers


Now it may not even be legal to call something chili that took like 11 minutes to make...but I'm going with it.  So fast - so easy - so good.

[Ingredients]
2 turkey sausage links (I like spicy Italian) de-cased and pulled into small balls
1 can of cannelloni beans (rinsed)
1 can of rotelle
Splash of Chipotle Tabasco
Salt
Juice of 1/2 a lime

In a medium skillett over medium-high heat, spray pan with cooking spray and brown sausage...covering until cooked through.  (roughly 5 minutes)

Then add can of beans and rotelle.  Simmer covered 5 minutes.

Then turn off heat.  Add Tabasco, sprinkle of salt, and lime juice.  Stir one more time then enjoy.

Honestly so fast - so easy - so good.



1 comment: