Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nectarines.Two.More.Ways.

So as promised, this is the week of nectarines...and below are two more ideas for this delicious fruit...

::Spicy.Nectarine.Salad::
with Jalapeno, Cilantro, and Red Onion


I went to this great little restaurant in Dallas with my Mom the other day called Two Sisters and they had a similar salad that I've tried to recreate.

[Ingredients:]
Everything pictured below...

1/4th or so of thinly sliced red onion
1 jalapeno chopped finely
2-3 nectarines cubed
Juice of 1 lime
Small bunch of cilantro, chopped
Little drizzle of olive oil
Bonus not pictured: the restaurant had mozzarella balls in theirs...wonderful...but didn't have on me and to keep it a little healthier opt-ed out...but seriously good add

Just stir all ingredients together and enjoy.  Fine to eat right away but also gets better with time in the fridge.


Good as kind of a funky fruit salad dessert...or great with grilled chicken.



::Nectarine.Caprese::
with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, and Basil


I love basil.  Love it.  Just bought a little thing of it and going to try to plant it.  I used to have a pot of basil and rosemary that my Dad planted for me...but for the life of me...not sure why it didn't survive the Winter...


So to make the caprese salad, just slice the nectarines and tomatoes and layer in some cheese.  Standard operating procedure is mozzarella but again...didn't have, so goat cheese gives it an interesting twist.  Then sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsam vin.

Delicious and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment